What editors look for
Editors want to publish good quality research that is of interest to their readers.
They will look at the cover letter, abstract, conclusion and references to judge if the submission is in scope for the journal.
Your manuscript is more likely to be accepted if it:
- is within the scope of the journal
- describes research that advances the field
- adds to an active research field
- is carefully prepared and follows the journal's submission guidelines
- uses clear and concise language
- follows ethical standards